We interrupt our regular programming to bring you a special announcement: It’s National Peach Month. Which means that we have just a few days left to give do credence to one of our favorite summer snacks. And what better way than grilling ’em up and slathering with sweet-yet-salty honey ricotta? Yep, we told you it was a special announcement.
4 peaches, halved and the pit removed
3/4 cup ricotta
2 tsp honey (and a bit more for drizzling on top)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (and a dash for sprinkling on top)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl whisk together the ricotta, honey, cinnamon and vanilla until it’s perfectly smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
3. Brush oil or melted butter onto the cut side of the peaches, then place them cut side down onto the grill.
4. Grill peaches for about 3 minutes or until they are warm and have those fun grill marks.
5. Spoon a big dollop of the cinnamon honey ricotta mixture into the peach pit holes, and finish with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Bon appetite!