Recently on an all-company virtual meeting (aka All Toad), we shared our favorite holiday sips to get us in the seasonal mood. The ideas were so delicious we decided we had to share them with you too. Bottoms up, friends.
Sarah P’s Mapletini:
- • 2 shots Irish cream
- • 1 shot brandy
- • 1/2 shot cinnamon schnapps
- • 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- • Cinnamon stick for garnish
- 1. Combine all ingredients, shake ’em up.
- 2. Pour into a chilled martini glass, straining out the ice. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- 3. Don’t plan any big activities for the next day.
- • Apple pie kombucha
- • Whiskey
- • If you don’t have apple pie kombucha or whiskey, try any kind of kombucha with champagne as a mimosa substitute. We’re not picky here.
- 1. Combine.
- 2. If you don’t have apple pie kombucha or whiskey, try any kind of kombucha with champagne as a mimosa substitute. We’re not picky here.
Prabhav’s Holiday Old Fashioned
- • Bulleit Rye
- • 2 – 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- • Cube of sugar
- • Orange peel zest for garnish
- 1. Combine ingredients and garnish with orange peel zest.
- 2. Use whiskey stones instead of ice (this is key).
Gordon’s Irish Coffee:
- • Coffee
- • Jameson
- • Bailey’s
- 1. Keep it simple. Add Jameson and Bailey’s to your coffee, it’s all you need.
Holly’s Mulled Wine
- • 1 bottle of Merlot of Cabernet Sauvignon (a dry red wine)
- • 1 orange
- • 10 cloves
- • 1 cardamom pod
- • 2 star annise
- • 2 cinnamon sticks
- • 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- • 2-4 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- • Optional: 1 cup of tawny Port or brandy
- 1. Combine ingredients, bring to a boil.
- 2. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- 3. Pour into mugs, add an orange peel to each, and serve.
- 4. Makes the house smell amazing no matter what.
Mollie’s Naughty Chai Latte
- • Chai tea
- • Milk or milk substitute
- • Irish Crème Liquor
- 1. Brew some Chai tea.
- 2. Heat one part milk (or milk substitute) and one part Irish Crème Liquor until steamy, then froth until it reaches a foamy consistency.
- 3. Pour the boozy froth into your tea like a holiday boss.
Lucinda’s Persimmon Martinis
- • 4 persimmons
- • 1 lemon
- • 1 – 1 1/2 inches peeled ginger
- • 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- • Vodka
- 1. Quarter the persimmons and peel the lemon. Juice persimmons, lemon, and ginger.
- 2. For each drink, combine 4 oz of juice mixture, 1 teaspoon agave nectar, 1 1/2 oz of vodka (or more), and shake it up with plenty of ice.
- 3. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- • 1 lemon
- • 2 oz bourbon
- • 1 oz maple syrup
- • Fresh sage leaves
- 1. Slice lemon and put 3 slices in a cocktail shaker.
- 2. Cover with 2 oz bourbon and 1 oz maple syrup, plus a sprig of sage. Muddle.
- 3. Add 1 oz fresh lemon juice, fill with ice, and shake until chilled.
- 4. Strain into a rocks glass with ice, garnish with lemon and more sage.