You know that moment when you realize there’s nowhere else you’d rather be?
Maybe you’re looking at an epic landscape or listening to a mind-bending song. Maybe you’re caught in the rain, soaked to the bone, just happy to be with an old friend. Epic moment or not, it’s the people you’re with who make you feel like you’re in the right place at the right time. We felt that way when we visited some old friends in Chattanooga, TN for the weekend.
Our first afternoon in the Scenic City proved to be ironic – fog so thick you could barely see 50 feet in front of you. Sporadic rain bursts had us scurrying into the nearest bars for cover and a quick liquor jacket. We couldn’t outrun the rain every time, but we didn’t mind so much.
The rest of the weekend was spent reminiscing over boozy brunches, criss-crossing the city by bike, eating like Southern gentry, hiking old Civil War trails, sharing tall drinks and taller tales, bustin’ a few moves, canoeing off hangovers and just soaking up each other’s company. It was a weekend of sight seeing and memory making. Sure, we’ll remember the gorgeous views and the killer burger we had, but we’ll cherish the time we spent together just traipsing trails and gettin’ tipsy in the Dixie.
It was a great weekend in Chattanooga – take it from us, it’s an awesome city and worthy of all the praise (see our list of our must-do’s below). But we could have been anywhere with our friends and we would have been in the right place at the right time. Be it Chattanooga, our hometown, your hometown, or a random place in between, the people make the place. When we’re in good company, there’s nowhere else we’d rather be.
- Sriracha Bloody Mary & Eggs Benny at The Flying Squirrel
- The Norman Rockwell Exhibit at Hunter Museum of American Art
- Fresh mole enchiladas before 11am at Taqueria Jalisco
- Bike across Walnut Street Bridge
- New Mexico Burger & Dixie 8 Cocktain at Urban Stack
- Avocado Gelato at Milk & Honey
- $1 espresso shots from 4-5PM at Brash Coffee
- White Shadow Belgian White at Terminal Brewhouse
- Gear Up for Cumberland Trail at Rock/Creek Outfitters