We’re all trying to eat a little healthier these days. We’re letting our bodies recover from the holidays and starting strong with resolutions, but if you’ve got a sweet tooth then breakfast can be one of the hardest meals to get right. Luckily, these Orange + Carrot muffins from our gal Luci are low in fat and high in guilt-free deliciousness. Naturally sweet carrots and a healthy dose of Vitamin C from means you’re getting in your vitamins before you’re even done with coffee. Bring on 2016, one resolution at a time.
Orange + Carrot Muffins (12-14 large muffins)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
3 tbsp oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp orange zest
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (can use AP flour)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine wet ingredients (sugar through carrots) in large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
3. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
4. Fill greased muffin tins at least 3/4 full.
5. Bake 20-22 minutes and enjoy with coffee! Refrigerate within 24 hours.